Kingsford School

Kingsford Road, Sheddocksley, Aberdeen, AB16 6PQ

Lastest NewsP7NK

Aberdeen Under 12’s go to Holland

Hi, my name is Shay, I’m in Primary 7. I play for Aberdeen under 12’s and this weekend past I went to play in a tournament in Holland. We came 6th out of 12 teams and if you think about it that’s 2 places away from the semi finals. We played against a lot of good teams like Chelsea and Feyenoord and Bayer Leverkusen.

In the group stages we won against Feyenoord, The regional team who were a year above us and Mechelens who are a team in Belgium, We were so close to drawing with Chelsea but they scored a last minute goal which gave them the 3 points. We also got beaten by AZ Alkamar who came second and Chelsea won it. In the 5th and 6th playoff we lost against Bayer Levekusen.

Overall, we did really wellin the tournament. I’m going to talk a little bit about how I did personally, I thought it was a good experience and the games I was on I thought I played really well. I played every minute against Chelsea and Feyenoord and played half a game against Mechelens and a little bit against Leverkusen.